Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First visit to a specialist

My family doctor either could not or would not answer any questions about Lymphoma and said I would need to get my information from the Oncologist who would be treating me. The doctor made me an appointment with the oncologist for the Wednesday following his diagnosis.

The four days in between were definitely the most agonizing of my life (so far). Not knowing anything about the disease or what it would mean to my life was terrifying. I was both desperate to read and learn anything I could, but also skeptical of what I was seeing because I knew it might not have anything to do with my disease.

Finally, Wednesday arrived and Angela and I went to visit the oncologist. We learned a lot, the most important of which was the battery of tests I still needed to undergo in order to accurately determine what kind of lymphoma I had and what stage it was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment